Assoc. Professor Michael Arnold's on-going research activities and interests lie at the intersection of digital technologies and our society and culture.
Michael's current and recent research projects include...
- a consideration of the characteristics of the cemetery of the future (current ARC Linkage Grant)
- an examination of alternatives to burial and cremation for the final disposition of human bodies (current ARC Discovery Grant),
- an examination of the use of digital media to commemorate the dead (recent ARC Discovery),
- an examination of the implications of the NBN for the domestic media ecology (recent ARC Discovery),
- a comparative study of social networking in six locations across the Asia-Pacific (recent ARC Discovery),
- a longitudinal examination of high speed broadband in the domestic context (funded by ACCAN),
- an examination of consumer attitudes to the NBN (funded by IBES),
- a study of ethical and governance issues associated with the electronic health record (funded by IBES).