White, R. E. 2009 Understanding Vineyard Soils, Oxford University Press, New York.
White, R. E. 2006. Principles and Practice of Soil Science. Fourth Edition, Blackwell Publishing, Oxford, 363 pp (to be translated into Portuguese)
White, R. E. 2003. Soils for Fine Wines, Oxford University Press, New York, 279 pp.
• Co-editor, Soil Science Reference volumes 1-4, Earthscan UK, published in 2009
Senior Editorial Panel Member for Land and Water Australia’s project ‘Healthy Soils for Sustainable Farming’
• Consultant to the Department of Primary Industries, Victoria on herbicide movement in raised bed cropping
• Consultant on soil management and organic fertilizers to Rural Funds Management and Great Southern Plantations
• Consultant to Moonie Valley City Council on water resources
• Consultant to Earth and Environmental Sciences on soil physical properties relevant to an open waste disposal channel
• Consultant to the ACIAR Large Project ‘Improving the management of water and nitrogen fertiliser for agricultural profitability, water quality and reduced nitrous oxide emissions in China and Australia’.