Research Profile, Interests and Recent Publications (last 5 years). Please note I publish under my maiden name of Hryciw
Book Chapter 1. Cornall, L, Hryciw, DH, Mathai, M and McAinch, AJ. (2011). Generation and use of cultured human primary myotubes. in Muscle Biopsy. pub Intech. accepted 10/8/11
Journal 1. Jenkin K.A., Verty, A.N.A., McAinch, A.J. & Hryciw, D.H. Endocannabinoids and the renal proximal tubule: an emerging role in diabetic nephropathy. The International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology 2012; Article in Press. accepted June, 2012
2. Hryciw, D., Jenkin, K. A., Simcocks, A. C., Grinfeld, E., McAinch, A. J. & Poronnik, P. The interaction between megalin and ClC-5 is scaffolded by the Na+–H+ exchanger regulatory factor 2 (NHERF2) in proximal tubule cells. The International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology 2012; Article in Press.epub Feb 13
3. Cornall, LM, Mathai, ML, Hryciw DH, and McAinch, AJ. (2011). Diet-induced obesity up-regulates the abundance of GPR43 and GPR120 in a tissue specific manner. Cell Physiol Biochem 28(5):949-958
4. Slattery C, Jenkin KA, Lee A, Simcocks AC, McAinch AJ, Poronnik P, Hryciw DH. Na-H(+) Exchanger Regulatory Factor 1 (NHERF1) PDZ Scaffold Binds an Internal Binding Site in the Scavenger Receptor Megalin. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2011;27(2):171-8.
5. Jenkin KA, McAinch AJ, Grinfeld E, Hryciw DH. Role for cannabinoid receptors in human proximal tubular hypertrophy. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2010;26(6):879-86.
6. Hryciw DH. Introduction of a health fact sheet assessment task to undergraduate Paramedic students. Adv Health Sci Educ. 2009
7. He Y, Hryciw DH, Carroll ML, Myers SA, Whitbread AK, Kumar S, Poronnik P, Hooper JD. The ubiquitin-protein ligase Nedd4-2 differentially interacts with and regulates members of the Tweety family of chloride ion channels. J Biol Ch