Subject area for
Conference Papers Refereed
- Alterations in blood pressure across the sleep onset period
- Alterations in upper airway dilator muscle recruitment throughout the respiratory cycle and at sleep onset
- Behaviour of human motoneurones during changes in the sleep-wake cycle.
- Blood pressure and heart rate during wakefulnessand sleep in primary school children with and without sleep disordered breathing.
- Cardio-respiratory activation at arousal from sleep: basic mechanisms.
- Cardiovascular consequences of arousal from sleep: aging and gender effects
- Cardiovascular variability during periodic leg movements in sleep in children.
- Changes in upper airway muscle activation and airway mechanics at sleep onset during passive negative pressure ventilation
- Control of upper airway muscle activity during sleep onset in OSA patients vs. controls
- Control of upper airway muscle activity during sleep onset in patients with sleep apnea versus controls
- Does gender affect the acute cardiovascular response to arousal from sleep in young and older adults?
- Genioglossal activity in young and middle-aged men during normal ventilation and CPAP application
- Genioglossus EMG activity in obstructive sleep apnea: single and multiunit analysis
- Genioglossus motor discharge patterns at sleep onset in patients with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
- Genioglossus motor unit activation in obstructive sleep apnea
- Heart rate variability during sleep in women with severe premenstrual syndrome
- Morning blood pressure surges are greater when waking from stage 2 sleep compared to waking from REM sleep
- Sleep disordered breathing elevates both waking and sleeping blood pressure in primary school children.
- Sleep disordered breathing of any severity affects blood pressure during sleep in primary school children
- Sleep impairs the relationship between negative pressure and genioglossal muscle during passive ventilation
- The cardiopulmonary response to arousal is diminished in middle-aged compared with younger men
- The cardiovascular effects of central apnoea during sleep in children
- The effect of CPAP on upper airway muscle activation during sleep onset in older vs younger men
- The effect of CPAP on upper airway muscle activation in younger vs older normal men and patients with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
- The effect of repetitive arousal on BP during sleep in the middle-aged
- The effect of repetitive arousals from sleep on blood pressure and heart rate in healthy young and middle aged adults
- The effects of sleep on genioglossal muscle negative pressure ventilation
- The effects of sleep spindles on evoked K-complex generation.
- Tonic and phasic upper airway muscle reflexes: the influence of posture
- Ventilation response to an arousal from sleep is independent of the prevailing level of CO2
- Ventilatory response to arousal: homeostatic or reflex activation
- Can Obstructive Sleep Apnea be treated with increased Lung Volume?
- Does prolonged sun deprivation in Antarctic conditions cause irreversible bone loss?
- GENES DETERMINING POSTURAL BLOOD PRESSURE RESPONSES
- Molecular mechanisms mediating contraction-induced metabolic gene expression and function in skeletal muscle
- Regulating calcium handling in skeletal muscle implications for muscle contraction, injury and repair, ageing and development
- The Effect of advanced glycation end products on hepatic fibrogenesis
- Understanding the role of supracollicular nuclei in teh generation of basal sympathetic vasomotor tone
- Validatin of echocardiographic indices of systolic and diastolic function using perssure volume loops in patients undergoing cardiac surgery
- Vasoactive factors and diabetic retinopathy
Journal Articles Refereed
- Anabolic agents for improving muscle regeneration and function after injury
- Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibition from birth reduces body weight and body fat in Sprague-Dawley rats
- Aromatase-deficient (ArKO) mice accumulate excess adipose tissue
- Change in salt intake affects blood pressure of chimpanzees - Implications for human populations
- Differential effects of waking from non-rapid eye movement versus rapid eye movement sleep on cardiovascular activity
- ERp29, a general endoplasmic reticulum marker, is highly expressed throughout the brain
- Leukaemia inhibitory factor increases myoblast replication and survival and affects extracellular matrix production: combined in vivo and in vitro studies in post-natal skeletal muscle
- Ontogenetic Patterning of Cortical Bone Microstructure and Geometry at the Human Mid-Shaft Femur
- The absence of MyoD in regenerating skeletal muscle affects the expression pattern of basement membrane, interstitial matrix and integrin molecules that is consistent with delayed myotube formation
- The influence of age on heart rate variability during morning wakefulness
- The orphan nuclear receptor, NOR-1, a target of beta-adrenergic signaling, regulates gene expression that controls oxidative metabolism in skeletal muscle
- The role of stem cells in skeletal and cardiac muscle repair
- Virilization of the urogenital sinus of the tammar wallaby is not unique to 5 alpha-androstane-3 alpha,17 beta-diol
Other Refereed Contribution To Refereed Journals