Subject area for
Authored Books Other
Conference Papers Refereed
- A multivariate analysis of women's under-representation in school leadership positions in Australia.
- A note on the use of knowledge management techniques by MNC subsidiaries
- Academic struggles in HRM: A discursive analysis of texts as 'suspicious packages'
- An investigation into the effects of job latitutde and acquistiveness on employee well-being.
- Antecedents of young people's union attitudes
- Attempting to Overcome Occupational Segregation: Strategies and Implications within the Hotel Industry
- Competition Contracts and Structural Diversity: How do we explain different organisational forms?
- Dealing with Distressed Employees: A Human Resource Manager's Perspective
- Diversity management as a competitive advantage: empirical evidence from Australian firms
- Dysfunctional Aspects of Performance Appraisal
- Employee involvement. Does being a union member make a difference?
- Exploring mediator and moderator influences of personality traits on women's career success in banking
- Job Quality and Casual Employment: Evidence from the HILDA Survey
- Nurse identity salience: Antecedencts and career consequences
- Organisational cynicism and participative work climates: Evidence from the public sector
- People Versus Business: The Views of Human Resource Managers
- Role ambiguity: Its impact on the effectiveness of organisational change
- Stirring the Pot: Networks, Human and Social Capital, and Language
- The Determinants of Employee Involvement
- The Sweetest Dreams that Labor Knows: Robert Frost and the Poetics of Work
- Voluntary and involuntary job redundancy: hope or helplessness?
- Working long hours, job satisfaction and job search activity: A longitudinal investigation
Conference Papers Unrefereed
- Aged care in crisis? The effects of work organisation on nurse, resident and organisational outcomes
- An evidence based approach to developing human and social capital in organisations
- Employment systems and organisational outcomes: Managing employee expectations through HRM practice
- Implications of emerging forms of labour management in transitional economies for households livelihood strategies: China & Vietnam
- Innovation management strategies and practices to accelerate the commercialisation process in the biotechnology industry
- Older workers and labour market adjustment: the case of Ansett airlines
- The Value of CSR to Close Stakeholders: A Discrete Choice Modelling Approach
- The psychological contract: Bridging human resource management practices and organisational effectiveness
- UNDERSTANDING THE NATURE AND CONSEQUENCES OF CORPORATE ETHICS TRAINING - MELBOURNE EARLY CAREER RESEARCHER GRANT SCHEME 2006
Journal Articles Refereed
- "Negative interference" between Australian construction professionals' work and family roles: Evidence of an asymmetrical relationship
- A knowledge transfer perspective of strategic assignment purposes and their path-dependent outcomes
- Advancing the careers of women with children.
- An exploration of the adaptive strategies of working families in the Australian construction industry
- Balancing global and local strategic contexts: expatriate knowledge transfer, applications, and learning within a transnational organization
- Careers and academic research collaborations: An inductive framework for understanding successful collaborations.
- Competencies needed for managing a multicultural workgroup
- Coping with economic deprivation during unemployment
- Do Women React Differently to Incentives? Evidence from Experimental Data and Payroll Records
- Do personality traits indirectly affect women's advancement?
- Does a supportive work environment moderate the relationship between work-family conflict and burnout among construction professionals?
- Does work-family conflict mediate the relationship between job schedule demands and burnout in male construction professionals and managers?
- Doing What Comes Naturally? Why We Need a Practical Ethics of Teamwork
- Employee Responses to High Performance Work System Practices: An Analysis of the AWIRS95 Data
- Employee pay adjustment preferences: Recent Australian evidence
- Executive Compensation: Balancing Competing Priorities
- Executive Compensation: Understanding the Issues
- Gender and wages: a cohort study of primary school teachers
- High performance work systems and employee experience of work in the service sector: the case of aged care
- Industrial relations and human resource management practices in Australian and overseas-owned workplaces: Global or local?
- Job quality and flexible practices: An investigation of employee perceptions
- Knowledge workers: what keeps them committed; what turns them away
- Known by the company we keep: Stigma by association effects the workplace
- Management Reactions to Technological Change: the example of Enterprise Resource Planning
- Managing to Overload? Work Overload and Performance Appraisal Processes
- Merit pay preferences among public sector employees
- Modeling negative affectivity and job stress: a contingency based approach
- Money or Time? Comparing the Effects of Time Structure and Financial Deprivation on the Psychological Distress of Umemployment Adults
- New forms of ownership and human resource practices in Vietnam
- Performance Appraisal Systems Determinants and Change
- Performance Related Pay: the Importance of Fairness
- Predicting self-esteem during unemployment: the effect of gender, financial deprivation, alternate roles, and social support
- Protégé-mentor fit in perceptions of the provision of psychosocial support: The role of personality, job involvement, workload, and the mentoring relationship.
- Psychological health and coping: A comparison of unemployed and re-employed people.
- Rated to exhaustion? Reactions to performance appraisal processes
- Reducing latent deprivation during unemployment: The role of meaningful leisure activity
- Roles and limitations of ICT based media for biotechnology firms' innovation
- Selecting unskilled and semi-skilled blue-collar workers: the criterion-related validity of the PDI-employment inventory
- Subtle yet significant: investigating the existence and consequences of everyday racism in the workplace
- Team Membership and the Experience of Work in Britain: an Analysis of the WERS98 Data
- The Determinants of Incentive Schemes: Australian Panel Data
- The Employer Perspective of Indigenous (Un)employment
- The affective underpinnings of job perceptions and attitudes: a meta-analytic review and integration
- The decline of the 'traditional' family: work-life benefits as a means of promoting a diverse workforce in the construction industry of Australia
- The determinants of employee-involvement schemes: private sector Australian evidence
- The employment relationship - a conceptual model developed from farming case studies
- The international business traveller: A neglected but strategic human resource
- The role of human resource practices in reducing occupational stress and strain
- Understanding performance appraisal fairness
- Unequal pay, unequal responses? Pay referents and their implications for pay level satisfaction
- Use the supply relationship to develop lean and green suppliers
- Web-delivered, problem-based learning in organisational behaviour: a new form of CAOS
- What goes around, comes around: Inventing a mythology of teamwork and empowerment
- Work for the Dole: A pathway to self-esteem and employment commitment, or the road to frustration?
- Work, organisation and Enterprise Resource Planning systems: an alternative research agenda
Major Reference Works
Major Reports And Working Papers
- A qualitative study of work-life experiences in the public and private sectors of the Australian construction industry
- Employee training, quality management and the performance of Australian and New Zealand manufacturers
- Leading and Managing in a Global Environment: Developing Executive Competencies for the World Stage
- Tales of Despair: Outworker narratives
- Working in aged care: Medication practices, workplace aggression, and employee and resident outcomes
Minor Reports And Working Papers
Other Refereed Contribution To Refereed Journals
Research Book Chapters
- Hope or Hype? High Performance Work Systems
- International business travellers: a challenge to IHRM
- Paying for Performance: Setting the Stage
- Paying for Performance: What has been learned?
- Promoting diversity in construction by supporting employees' work-life balance
- The Deregulation of the Australian Labour Market
- The Paradoxes of Participation