Subject area for
Authored Books Other
Book Chapters Other
- Child Temperament and Parenting
- Childhood Today
- Cognitive development in adolescence: cerebral underpinnings, neural trajectories, and the impact of aberrations
- Neighboorhood influences on Children
- Resources and Contexts for Child Development: Implications for Children and Society
- Setting the Scene: The Early Years
- The Views of Young People
Computer Software Products
Conference Papers Refereed
Conference Papers Unrefereed
- Families and childcare arrangements: findings from the Child Care Choices Study.
- Long term research program for LSAC
- Pathways to social and emotional wellbeing: lessons from a 20-year longitudinal study
- The relation of multiple and changeable child care arrangements to early communication skills
- Why fathers and grandparents are included in children's weekly child care arrangements
- Adolescent brain development: a magnetic resonance imaging study of neural and cognitive maturation in healthy individuals and people with emerging
- Analyses of Children's Court Clinic Reports Ordered by the Children's Court of Victoria in Child Protection Matters Before the Court
- Assessing the effectiveness of early childhood education and care programs in Australian communities
- Brain development during adolescence and the emergence of depression: A longitudinal MRI study.
- CHILDREN'S IDEAS OF NUMBER AND QUANTITY IN A REMOTE INDIGENOUS COMMUNITY
- Concept-procedure interactions in addition and subtraction development
- DEPRESSION IN EARLY ADOLESCENCE: DEVELOPMENTAL, BIOLOGICAL AND FAMILIAL RISK.
- GENES, NEUROAUTONOMY & FAMILY PROCESS: PREDICTING ADOLESCENT ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION.
- How does school discipline affect student behaviour, wellbeing, and educational progress?
- Improving court processing of protection applications for young children in the Children's Court of Victoria
- Investigating positive developmental transitions in emerging adulthood within the Australian Temperament Project cohort: Models, temporal patterns and predictors
- Is it possible to prevent harmful youth substance use and enhance mental health by encouraging prosocial behaviour in children and young people
- PRESENTING CHILDREN'S UNDERSTANDING OF ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION
- Pathways to positive personal and social adjustment in early adulthood: a follow-up of the Australian Temperament Project longitudinal cohort
- The development of young children's mathematical abilities: a longitudinal analysis
- Understanding the pathways to harmful alcohol use among young adults
- Understanding young adults' self-management of their type 1 diabetes mellitus: A developmental perspective
- Using musical training to examine brain plasticity and cognitive skill development
- Using the WPPS-III and measures of executive functioning in the differential diagnosis of developmental disorders in young children
- VISIT FROM A/PROF TODD HERRENKOHL, UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON
- Visiting Scholar Award
- What factors influence the development of antisocial behaviour in Australian adolescents?
Journal Articles Refereed
- A comparison of children's temperament and adjustment across 20 years
- A longitudinal investigation of self-other discrimination and the emergence of mirror self-recognition.
- A longitudinal study of adolescent adjustment following family transitions
- A typology approach to describing parents as communicators about sexuality
- Apolipoprotein E genotype and temperament: A longitudinal study from infancy to the late teens.
- Assessing the vailidity of the rey complex figure as a diagnositc tool: accuracy, recall and organisational strategy scores in children with brain insult
- Association of Polymorphisms of the Estrogen Receptor Gene With Anxiety-Related Traits in Children and Adolescents: A Longitudinal Study
- Children's production and comprehension of politeness in requests: Relationships to behavioural adjustment, temperament and empathy
- Children's production and comprehension of politeness in requests: relationships to behavioral adjustment in middle childhood
- Children's profiles of addition and subtraction understanding
- Civic responsibility among Australian adolescents: testing two competing models.
- Cognitive outcome in children with myelomeningocele and perinatal hydrocephalus: A longitudinal perspective
- Concept generaton test as a measure of conceptual reasoning skills in children: examination of developmental trends
- Connections between temperament and social development: A review
- Continuity of care in the early years? Multiple and changeable child care arrangements in Australia.
- Culture and cognitive development: Giyoo Hatano's insights and the questions they open
- Development of executive functions through late childhood and adolescence in an australian sample
- Distributions of Caregiving Tasks Among Family Members: The Place of Gender and Availability
- Effect of age and cognition on childhood speech in noise perception abilities
- Effect of aging on regional cerebral blood flow responses associated with osmotic thirst and its satiation by water drinking: a PET study
- Effectiveness of CBT versus standard treatment for childhood anxiety disorders in a community clinic setting
- Extending studies of collaborative cognition by way of care giving situations
- Growing Up in Australia takes its first steps
- How should people act in inheritance situations? Specifying the differences in expectations
- Impairments of attention following treatment with cranial irridation and chemotherapy in children
- Individuals with first-ever clinical presentation of a lacunar infarction syndrome: Is there an increase likelihood of developing mild cognitive impairment in the first 12 months after stroke?
- Inheritance events: Perceptions of actions that involve the giving and receiving of things
- Lack of Association of a Single-Nucleotide Polymorphism of the u-Opioid Receptor Gene With Anxiety-Related Traits: Results From a Cross-Sectional Study of Adults and a Longitudinal Study of Children
- Learning from experiences in action: Music in schools to promote healthy coping with grief and loss
- Making personal sense: An account of basic internalization and externalization processes.
- Music therapy in the Australian Print Media: A content analysis
- Number words in young children's conceptual and procedural knowledge of addition, subtraction and inversion
- Parenting style as a moderator of the effect of temperament on adolescent externalising and internalising behaviour problems
- Patterns of analogical reasoning among beginning readers
- Patterns of antisocial behaviour from early to late adolescence
- Patterns of knowledge in children's addition.
- Preventing the development of emotional mental health problems from early childhood: recent advances in the field.
- Recovery and predictors of language skills two years following pediatric traumatic brain injury
- Research review: Williams Syndrome: a critical review of the cognitive, behavioural and neuroanatomical phenotype
- Risk and protection factors for different intensities of adolescent substance abuse: when does the Prevention Paradox apply?
- Risk factors for antenatal depression, postnatal depression and parenting stress
- Role of knowledge and ability in student nurses' clinical decision-making.
- Self-regulation and social and behavioral functioning following childhood traumatic brain injury
- Social competence in young adulthood, its nature and antecedents.
- Standardization of the contingency naming test (CNT) for school-aged children: a measure of reactive flexibility
- Sustained and selective attention in children with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder and specific learning disabilties
- Taking the developmental pathways approach to understanding and preventing antisocial behaviour
- The Early Language in Victoria Study: Predicting vocabulary at 1 and 2 years from gesture and object use.
- The Overture: Initiating Discussion on the Role of Music Therapy in Paediatric Palliative Care
- The emergence of depression in adolescence: Development of the prefrontal cortex and the representation of reward
- The frontal lobes and theory of mind: Developmental concepts from adult focal lesion research
- The long-term significance of teacher-rated hyperactivity and reading ability in childhood: findings from two longitudinal studies
- The many faces of everyday life: some challenges to the psychology of cultural practice
- The object classification task for children (OCTC): A measure of concept generation and mental flexibility in early childhood
- The relationship between executive function abilities, adaptive behaviour, and academic achievement in children with externalising behaviour problems
- What is life like for young Australians today, and how well are they faring?
- Women's developmental experience of living with type 1 diabetes
- Young Children's Understanding of Addition Concepts
Journal Articles Unrefereed
- At risk but not antisocial
- Contemplating the Nature of Adolescent Group Improvisations
- Dangerous Liaisons: Group Work for Adolescent Girls who have Anorexia Nervosa
- Growing up in Australia: The first 12 months of a landmark study.
- The transition to psychosis: Risk Factors and Brain Changes
- Work contributions to the family: Developing a conceptual and research framework
Journal Articles Unrefereed Letters Or Notes
Major Reports And Working Papers
Research Book Chapters
- "Myself, the Project" Sociocultural Interpretations of Young Adulthood
- Ethnicity: spotlight on person-context interactions
- Partnerships with Providers? Why Parents from Diverse Cultural Backgrounds Choose Family Day Care.
- Taking the developmental pathways approach to understanding and preventing antisocial behaviour
- Temperament and Social Development
- The developing child and the law
- The role of gesture in co-constructing mathematical understanding
- The socialization of tolerance
- Young People in Transition: Challenges and Opportunities for Contemporary Australian Youth