Subject area for
Authored Research Books
- Archaeology at the North-East Anatolian Frontier, I: an historical geography and a field survey of the Bayburt plain.
- House of the Ancient Hunt
- Jebel Khalid on the Euphrates, Volume Two: the Terracotta Figurines
- Punic Antiquities of Malta and Other Ancient Artefacts Held in Ecclesiastic and Private Collections. Ancient Near Eastern Studies Supplement 10.
- Punic Antiquities of Malta and Other Ancient Artefacts held in Private Collections, 2. Ancient Near Eastern Studies Supplement 18.
- Roman Theatres: an architectural study
- The Heritage of Eastern Turkey: from the earliest settlements to Islam
- Theory for Classics: A Students Guide
Book Chapters Other
Conference Papers Refereed
- An archaeological survey of the Erzurum Plain, 1999
- Bulls and Belonging: Another look at PY Cn 3.
- Cult, context and copper: a Cypriot perspective on the unexplored mansion at Knossos
- Excavations at Sos Höyük, 2000
- Excavations at Sos Hoyuk, 1999
- Experimental Archaeology in Dakhleh Oasis, South Central Egypt: New Insights on the Prehistoric Pottery Industry.
- Textes liturgiques relatifs à Macaire l'évêque
Curatorship Of Exhibition/event
- A View from the Highlands: Archaeological Essays in Honour of Charles Burney. Ancient Near Eastern Studies Supplement 12.
- Ceramics in Transitions Chalcolithic Through Iron Age in the Highlands of the Southern Caucasus and Anatolia
- DAIS: The Aegean Feast, Proceedings of the 12th International Aegean Conference University of Melbourne, Cemtre for Classics and Archaeology, 25-29 March 2008. Aegaeum 29.
- Beyond the Land of the Golden Fleece: Archaeological Investigations at Mtskheta (Caucasian Iberia)
- From Minos to Menelaos: Uncovering palatial society in prehistoric Greece
- From the Field to the Repository: significance of archaeological collections
- House to house enquiries in the Hellenistic near east
- In the Wake of the Sea Peoples, In the Footsteps of Goliath: Excavating the Philistine Site of Tell es-Safi/Gath
- Joint Research Project: Louise Hitchcock & Aren Maeir: In the Footsteps of Goliath: Enhancing Australias Contribution to the Bar-Ilan Excavations at the Philistine Site of Tell es-Safi/Gath
- TRAVEL GRANT FOR KEYNOTE SPEAKER ON 12TH INTERNATIONAL AEGEAN CONFERENCE, DAIS: THE AEGEAN FEAST
- Technological Advances in Large-scale Roman Concrete Buildings during the 2nd and 1st centuries BC
- Review: Ancient Caucasian and Related Material in The British Museum
- Review: Inhabiting Catalhoyuk: Reports from the 1995-1999 Seasons by Members of the Catalhoyuk Team
- Review: On the Margins of the Euphrates
- Review: Yeki bud, yeki nabud: Essays on the Archaeology of Iran in Honour of William M. Sumner
Journal Articles Refereed
- Cisterns, drainage and lavatories in Pompeian houses, Casa dei Capitelli Colorati (VII.4.51), Casa della Caccia Antica (VII.4.48), and Casa dei Capitelli Figurati (VII.4.57)
- Cisterns, drainage and lavatories in Pompeian houses, Casa del Granduca
- Cypriot pottery in The University of Melbourne: an examination of historical context and conservation issues
- Do you see a man skillful in his work? He will stand before kings: Interpreting Architectural Influences in the Bronze Age Mediterranean
- Experimental archaeology and prehistoric technonology: Neolithic pottery production in the Dakhleh Oasis, south central Egypt
- Graffiti and Dipiniti
- Land Use In Prehistoric Malta: a re-examination of the Maltese 'Cart Ruts'
- Leben und Tod im Schatten der Palandöken-Berge (Erzurum, Ostanatolien)
- New Archaeological Find on the Island of Comino in the Maltese Archipelago
- Observations on a village potter from the Euphrates valley
- The Cemetry Pottery 1996 and 1997
- The Lamps from the Domestic Quarter
- The Phoenicians in Spain from a Central Mediterranean Perspective: a Review Essay
- The Roman theatre at Gubbio
- The Upper Levels at Sos Hõyük, Erzurum: A Reinterpretation of the 1987 Campaign
- Two engraved gems from Hellenistic Jebel Khalid.
Journal Articles Unrefereed
- 'Understanding the Minoan Palaces'
- A Prehistoric Egyptian Pottery Experiment
- Aleppo Pottery Workshop
- Archaeological Ceramics
- Archaeology at the Headwaters of the Aras
- Australian Archaeologists at Pella
- Egyptian Faience
- Experimental archaeology and prehistoric technology: an exploration into Neolithic pottery production in the Dakhleh oasis, south central Egypt
- Jebel Khalid: The 2002 Season
- Notes on the traditions concerning the Trisagion
- Searching for clay along the banks of the Euphratres
- The jara of Alexandria
Journal Articles Unrefereed Letters Or Notes
- Antiquities: Classics and Archaeology collection and Early Writing exhibition
- Book review: C.Ohlig, Y.Peleg (eds), Cura aquarum in Israel (Schriften der Deutschen Wasserhistorischen Gesellschaft, vol 1, Siegburg 2002)
- Do you see a man skillful in his work? He will stand before kings: Exploring Interconnections in Aegean and Levantine Architecture
- Hands on history: Ancient Rome, Myth and Empire
- Lots to Discover: Discovering Egypt
- Making discoveries: new generations of studnets and visitors explore the Classcis and Archaeology Collection
- Review of Charles Gates, Ancient Cities: The Archaeology of Urban Life in the Ancient Near East and Egypt, Greece and Rome.
- Review of K.A. Worp (ed.), Greek Ostraka from Kellis: O. Kellis, Nos. 1-293.
- Review: Ancient Europe
- Review: Early Greek States Beyond the Polis
- Sos Höyük
- The Sea Peoples and the End of the Bronze Age
- The dawn of glass making
Major Reference Works
Major Reports And Working Papers
Other Refereed Contribution To Refereed Journals
Research Book Chapters
- "Who will personally invite a foreigner, unless he is a crasftsman?": exploring interconnections in Aegean and Levantine architecture
- 'And above were costly stones, hewn according to measurement…:’ Documentation of Pre-classical Ashlar Masonry in the East Mediterranean
- A Painted Eye-Vase from Tell Ahmar and the Syro-Cilician Painted Ceramic Tradition
- Architectures of Feasting
- Building Identities: Fluid Borders and an International Style of Monumental Architecture in the Bronze Age
- Characterization of Maltese pottery of the Late Neolithic, Bronze Age and Punic Period by neutron activation analysis
- Charles Burney in the Near Eastern Highlands
- Did Xenophon take the Aras high road?: observations on the historical geography of north-east Anatolia
- Environment and Society in the Late Prehistory of Southern Georgia, Caucasus
- Frontiers and mountains: fifteen years of archaeology in north-east Anatolia.
- Homer and Lakonian Topography: This is What the Book Says, and This is What the Land Tells Us
- Identifying Room Use and Vessel Function: A Case-Study of Iron Age Pottery from Building C2 at Tell Ahmar, North Syria
- Introduction - Chronology of the Phoenicians at home and abroad: the nature of the evidence
- Introduction: A Question of Nomenclature
- Jebel Khalid on the Euphrates, north Syria
- Knossos is Burning: Gender Bending the Minoan Genius
- Malta: Between a Rock and a Hard Place
- Naturalizing the Cultural: Architectonicized Landscape as Ideology in Minoan Crete
- On the Origins of the Kura-Araxes Cultural Complex
- Ortaçag'dan Önce Kars (Kars before the Middle Ages)
- Social Boundaries and Ritual Landscapes in late prehistoric Trans-Caucasus and highland Anatolia
- Space 1999 (B)CE: Post-Processual Approaches to Minoan Architecture
- The South Theater at Jarash, 1996 campaign
- The theatre at Butrint: parallels and function