Subject area for
Authored Research Books
Book Chapters Other
Conference Papers Refereed
- Ethical issues in monitoring research in the competitive framework of modern universities
- Globalisation, plant intellectual property and democracy in Australia
- Plant intellectual property and globalisation - the view from Australia
- Professional Ethics for Politicians
- Reform and resistance: the regulation of government advertising in Australia
- The Open Corporation: Evaluation of Corporate Self-Regulation of Responsibility.
- The emergence of plant intellectual property in Australia
Conference Papers Unrefereed
- ARC CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE FOR APPLIED PHILOSOPHY AND PUBLIC ETHICS (CAPPE)
- CENTRE FOR APPLIED PHILOSOPHY AND PUBLIC ETHICS
- Climate Justice
- Communicating genetic information in families: practical, legal, social and ethical issues
- Contemporary terrorism: ethical and conceptual perspectives
- Egalitarian Responses to Climate Change
- Framing Marginal Art: Developing an ethical, multi-dimensional framework for exhibiting art by people who experience mental illness and/or psychological trauma.
- Good Soldiers and Ethical Soldiers
- Hamstrung by ethics creep? Investigating human research ethics in practice
- Health, Freedom and Independent Contracting
- Humanitarian Intervention and the Conflict between National and International Responsibility
- Neuroethics: The Practical and the Philosophical
- PATERNITY "FRAUD": IMPLICATIONS FOR MEN, WOMEN, CHILDREN AND TAX-PAYERS OF DEFINING BIOLOGICAL PROGENITORS AS THE "REAL" DADS - IAN POTTER FOUNDATION TRAVEL GRANT 2006
- Reassessing egalitarianism
- THE ETHICS OF PERFORMANCE-ENHANCING TECHNOLOGIES IN THE MILITARY - MELBOURNE EARLY CAREER RESEARCHER GRANT SCHEME 2006
- Teaching ethical behaviour in the information age
- The Responsibilities of the Affluent to Address Global Poverty
- Trust me I m a researcher: The role of trust in the human research enterprise
Journal Articles Refereed
- 1980-2005: Bioethics then and now
- A pilot study of the quality of informed consent materials for Aboriginal participants in clinical trials.
- Academic personality and the commodification of academic texts
- Accountability and Ministerial Advisors
- Australian plant intellectual property law in context
- Benefit Sharing: It's Time for a Definition
- Betting on belief
- Disembodied souls or soul-less bodies: spirituality as fragmentation
- Distinct Rural Ethics
- Ethical ideologies of senior Australian managers: an emperical study
- Ethics and Climate Change: A Commentary on MacCracken, Toman and Gardiner
- Ethics and disability
- Ethics and intuitions
- Government and faith-based organisations in a pluralist society
- Hereditary hemochromatosis testing of at-risk children: what is the appropriate age?
- How New is the "New Terror"?
- Innovation, exclusion and commodification of plant types
- Is there an ethical difference between preimplantation genetic diagnosis and abortion?
- Luck and Decision
- NARRATIVE REPAIR: RECOVERY, VULNERABILITY, SERVICE, AND SUFFERING
- No need to go! Workplace studies and the resources of the revised National Statement
- Not seeing the wood for the imaginary trees. Or, who's messing with our article? A reply to Ambler (2008)
- Organ retention following paediatric and perinatal autopsy: Where to from here?
- Paternalism, Informed Consent, and the Use of Experimental Drugs in the Military
- Political pacifism
- Questioning Holism: A response to Archard
- Refusing to provide a prenatal test: can it ever be ethical?
- Regulation, consultation and divergent community views: the case of access to ART by lesbian and single women
- Terrorism and Innocence
- Terrorism, Morality and Supreme Emergency
- The Moral Status of Stem Cells
- The continuing importance of thinking that children have rights
- The ethics of shareholding
- The ethics of xenotransplantation: position paper of the Ethics Committee of the International Xenotransplantation Association
- The moral reality in realism
- Who's messing with my mind? The implications of dual process models for the ethics of advertising to children
- Will working mothers' brains explode? The popular new genre of neurosexism
Journal Articles Unrefereed
Journal Articles Unrefereed Letters Or Notes
- Applied ethical reflections on the operation of a Geneva drug consumption room: Opportunities for enhanced harm reduction practice
- Book Review on Health Care Ethics by Kath Melia
- Catholic identity and the abortion debate
- Festschrift edition of the Journal of Medical Ethics in honour of Raanan Gillon.
- Guest editorial: introduction to special edition
- Review: Seumas Miller, Peter Roberts & Edward Spence - Corruption and anti-corruption: An applied philosophical approach
- The place of supervised injecting facilities within harm reduction: evidence, ethics and policy
- There's glory for you
Major Reference Works
Major Reports And Working Papers
Minor Reports And Working Papers
Other Refereed Contribution To Refereed Journals
- Commentary on Gebhardt: Sperm donor suffers years later from inherited disease
- Controversies and ethical issues in cancer-genetics clinics
- Ethical and legal issues and the "new genetics".
- Ethical issues in gender assignment.
- Is the sale of body parts wrong?
- It's only teeth - are there limits to genetic testing?
- Raising the profile of public health ethics in Australia: time for debate
- The balance between privacy, safety and community health.
Research Book Chapters
- A final word
- Abortion, euthanasia, and suicide
- Animal ethics and ecology in classical India - reflections on a moral tradition
- Animals and the environment
- Collateral Immunity in War and Terrorism
- Defining Terrorism
- Duties to God
- Duties to kin
- Ethics and politics
- Ethique Appliquee
- Foreword: Shopping at the Genetic Supermarket
- Intervention, political realism and the ideal of peace
- Introduction: The Ethics and Governance of Private Military and Security Companies
- Love, marriage, and sex
- Mars Meets Mammon
- Morality, Reason and the Rights of Animals
- Nationalism and Identity
- Natural Law and Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Needs, moral self-consciousness and professional roles
- New life forms
- On the competence of substance users to consent to treatment programs
- Politics and religion
- Poverty, facts and political philosophies: A debate with Andrew Kuper.
- Problems of Terrorism and Counter-terrorism
- Professional Ethics for Politicians?
- Racism and sexism
- Regulating the Family
- Rules, rights, duties, and the greater good
- Ten points for activists
- Terrorism, just war and right response
- Terrorism, just war and the supreme emergency
- The Ethics of Access to Health Care in Australia
- The ethical responsibilities of writers addressing political issues
- The nature of ethics
- War and terrorism
- War for humanity: a critique
- What do we owe to our country, compatriots, and strangers?
- Who am I?