Subject area for
Authored Research Books
Book Chapters Other
Conference Papers Refereed
- Jean évêque d'Assiout, de Manfalut e d'Abu Tig et ses activités littéraires
- Recherches d'hymnographie copte (2): Hermina et Christodule
- Textes liturgiques relatifs à Macaire l'évêque
- The Archangel Michael and the Patriarchs in Exile in the Coptic Tradition
- The Monastery of Qalamun during the Fourteen and Fifteen Centuries
- Aetiana: laying foundations for the study of the history of ancient philosophy
- Aetiana: laying foundations for the study of the history of ancient philosophy Part 2
- Agency, rationality, and emotion
- Framing Marginal Art: Developing an ethical, multi-dimensional framework for exhibiting art by people who experience mental illness and/or psychological trauma.
- Islamic movements in secular societies: grammars of experience
Journal Articles Refereed
- A Doxology for the Month of Kihak
- A New Fragment of a Life of Severus Antioch
- An Icon of Saint Menas written by Hanna al-Armani
- Between Saint Shenoute and Saint Macarius
- Beyond right and wrong there is a field - I'll meet you there: Reconciliation efforts between Israelis and Palestinians.
- Common Morality and 'Institutionalising' Ethics
- Dvora Baron and the marginalised voice.
- Ethics and disability
- Ethics and intuitions
- Freedom from Exile: An Overview of Mizrahi Writing in Israel
- Guilt, remorse and victims ('Shame and Necessity' by Bernard Williams)
- Notes on the Magma' (mementa sanctorum) and the Athanasius Prayer in the Coptic Psalmodia
- Overcoming the cultural barriers of conflict: Dialogue between Israelis and Palestinians, Jews and Muslims
- Philosophy as Anti-Religion in the Work of Alain Badiou
- Public Faces of Syari'ah in Contemporary Indonesia: Towards a National Mazhab?
- Regulating reproductive technologies.
- Regulation of the Ethics of Australian Legal Practice: Autonomy and Responsiveness.
- Severus of Antioch in the Coptic Liturgical Books
- The Doxology of the Seven Generals of Antioch
- The Revival of al-Qadariyyah in Modern Islamic Thought
- The double-edged sword: Religious influences on international humanitarian law
- The role of the church in developing the law
- Three Perspectives on Contemporary Moral Philosophy
- UnFeeling: Embodied Violence and Dismemberment in the Development of Ethical Relations
- Uneasy terrains: Mapping ethical tensions in corporate-community partnerships
Journal Articles Unrefereed
- 'Faith without God'
- Al-Ghazali's Hermeneutics and Phenomenology
- Bernard Gert Common morality: deciding what to do
- Christian Education as Applied Theology
- Eating ethically
- John Bishop of Assiut, Manfalut and Abu Tig
- Note sur la Vierge Marie entre la tradition copte et syriaque (Maronite)
- The Psalis of Saint John Kame
- The acceptance of the non-Jacobite to the Coptic denomination
- The cult of Severus of Antioch in Egypt
- The role of Severus of Antioch in the dialogue between Greek, Coptic and Syriac cultures
Journal Articles Unrefereed Letters Or Notes
Major Reference Works
Other Refereed Contribution To Refereed Journals
Research Book Chapters
- Abortion, euthanasia, and suicide
- Animals and the environment
- Bohairic Liturgical Texts Related to St. Shenoute
- Defining Terrorism
- Dismantling normativity in Indian ethics - from Vedic altarity to the Gita's alterity
- Duties to God
- Duties to kin
- Eastern Christian Hagiographical Traditions: Oriental Orthodox: Coptic Hagiography
- Ethics and politics
- Ethique Appliquee
- General Introduction
- In search of the caliphate
- Intervention, political realism and the ideal of peace
- Introduction to Part A: Vedas to the Gita; dharma, rites to 'Right'
- Introduction to Part C: Reflections on Moral Ideals and Modernity; Gandhi and Nonviolence
- Karma's Suffering: a Mimamsa solution to the problem of evil
- Love, marriage, and sex
- New life forms
- Pilgrimage Sites and Patronal Cults in Coptic Egypt
- Racism and sexism
- Remorse and moral identity
- Rules, rights, duties, and the greater good
- The nature of ethics
- The rise of anti-Americanism in the Middle East
- What do we owe to our country, compatriots, and strangers?
- Who am I?