Subject area for
Authored Research Books
- Health Policy and Politics: Networks, Ideas and Power
- Making Public Policy: Institutions, Actors, Strategies
- Power, profit and protest. Australian social movements and globalisation
- Sex in Public: Women, Outdoor Advertising and Public Policy
- The Collins Class Submarine Story: Steel, Spies and Spin
- To firmer ground: Restoring hope in Australia
- Unpacking queer politics: a lesbian feminist perspective
Book Chapters Other
Conference Papers Refereed
- "Cognitive mapping of a new and global type": Seattle and the power of identity
- A new South Seas Bubble? Australia and a near-Pacific regional climate Pact
- Accountability and ministerial advisors
- Compliance, effectiveness, legitimacy and the climate regime
- Joined at the lip? What does network research tell us about governance?
- PPPs and the global credit crunch: what next for the PPP financial model and global governance?
- Striking back against empire: autonomist Marxism and globalization
- The international pro- and anti-tobacco advocacy networks: influencing policy transnationally
Conference Papers Unrefereed
- BECOMING SOMEONE: GENDER AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE SELF, FRANCE 1789-1915
- DEMOCRATIZING THE MIDDLE EAST: IMPLICATIONS OF WASHINGTON'S POLICIES
- Freedom of Expression in Democratic States: A New Theoretical Direction
- From France to Europe: the shift from nationalism in French discourse, 1900-1950
- Humanitarian Intervention and the Conflict between National and International Responsibility
- Political party financing corruption scandals in Europe: an East-West comparison
- The power of giving: Australian women philanthropists, 1880-2000
Journal Articles Refereed
- A network approach for researching partnerships in health
- APSA presidential address 2003: The beginning of politics and the first human
- Being around and knowing the players: Networks of influence in health policy
- Closing the Gap? The and Industry Policy in Inclusion Role of Wage, Welfare Promoting Social
- Conceptualising the Third Sector: Foucauldian insights into the relations between the Third Sector, Civil Society and the State
- Corporate Distributions and the "Profits First" Rule: Is the RBT Proposal Right for Australia?
- Foreign Credential Recognition and Assessment: An introduction
- Immigration research in the politics of an anxious nation
- Improving Partnership Governance: Using a Network Approach to Evaluate Partnerships in Victoria
- International control of alcohol: alternative paths forward
- It's a queer thing: Campaigning for social justice for lesbians and gay men
- Law on a wild frontier: Moroccans in the Spanish courts in Melilla in the nineteenth century
- Mediating the mindset of opposition: the Yorta Yorta case
- Partnerships, primary health care and health inequalities: Problems and possibilities
- Pin-ups in public space Sexist outdoor advertising as sexual harassment
- Policy autism or double-edged dismissiveness? Australia's climate policy under the Howard government
- Post-Kyoto ? Post-Bush ? Towards an effective 'climate coalition of the willing'
- Practice, power and meaning: Frameworks for studying organizational culture in multi-agency rural development projects
- Reform of the Law of Negligence: Wrong Questions - Wrong Answers.
- Rescaling governance and the impacts of political and environmental decentralization: An introduction
- Social inclusion, new regionalism and associational government in Queensland
- Soil erosion in the West African Sahel: a review and an application of a "local political ecology" approach in South West Niger
- The African Sahel 25 years after the great drought: assessing progress and moving towards new agendas and approaches
- The Politics of Federation
- The culture of trade marks: An alternative cultural theory perspective
- The limits of conceptual analysis
- The moral reality in realism
- Why is the constitution binding? Authority, obligation and the role of the people
Journal Articles Unrefereed
- 'Creating a sustainable city - will the metropolitan strategy deliver?
- All smoke and mirrors? Carbon trading in Australia
- Comment: Australian settlement or Australian way?
- Enemy Law: What happens when People Face Trial in a Foreign Country
- Latham's ladder
- Taxes and justice in context
- Titanic states? Impacts and responses to climate change in the Pacific Islands
- Victorian State Election 2002
- Weird weather and climage culture wars
Journal Articles Unrefereed Letters Or Notes
Major Reference Works
Major Reports And Working Papers
Minor Reports And Working Papers
Other Refereed Contribution To Refereed Journals
Research Book Chapters
- 'An unheard of piece of savagery': indigenous Australians and the federal vote
- 'What the Right got Right'
- Active citizenship against marketisation: comunity resistance to neo-liberalism
- Can the invisible hand adjust the thermostat? Carbon emissions trading and Australia
- Comment on Holm Tetens, 'Scientific Objectivity with a Human Face'
- Continuity and Flexibility: Executive Power in Australia
- Critics of caucus
- Edward Said and the Sociology of Intellectuals
- External relations of the Australian states
- Green governance and the Green State: capacity building as a political project
- Liberalism - the nineteenth century legacy: a perspective from the grass-roots
- Mapping the Normative Underpinnings of Local Governance
- Moloch's little mate: the ruling class and the Australian Labor Party
- Multiculturalism, national identity, and pluralist democracy: The Australian variant
- Out of chaos, a shining star? Toward a typology of green states
- Political Economy of Additional Development Finance
- Resistance to neoliberalism in Australia and Oceania
- Social exclusion and gay and lesbian people
- Terrorism, just war and right response
- The British social policy legacy and the "Australian way"
- The nations of Australia
- Unjust enrichment and unconscionability in Australia: A false dichotomy?
- Western concepts of gender and prostitution as obstacles to ending the international traffic in women
- Why is it rational to believe scientific theories are true?