Subject area for
Authored Research Books
- Health Policy and Politics: Networks, Ideas and Power
- Making Public Policy: Institutions, Actors, Strategies
- Power, profit and protest. Australian social movements and globalisation
- Sex in Public: Women, Outdoor Advertising and Public Policy
- The Collins Class Submarine Story: Steel, Spies and Spin
- To firmer ground: Restoring hope in Australia
- Unpacking queer politics: a lesbian feminist perspective
Book Chapters Other
Conference Papers Refereed
- "Cognitive mapping of a new and global type": Seattle and the power of identity
- A new South Seas Bubble? Australia and a near-Pacific regional climate Pact
- Compliance, effectiveness, legitimacy and the climate regime
- Joined at the lip? What does network research tell us about governance?
- PPPs and the global credit crunch: what next for the PPP financial model and global governance?
- Striking back against empire: autonomist Marxism and globalization
- The international pro- and anti-tobacco advocacy networks: influencing policy transnationally
Conference Papers Unrefereed
- BECOMING SOMEONE: GENDER AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE SELF, FRANCE 1789-1915
- DEMOCRATIZING THE MIDDLE EAST: IMPLICATIONS OF WASHINGTON'S POLICIES
- Freedom of Expression in Democratic States: A New Theoretical Direction
- From France to Europe: the shift from nationalism in French discourse, 1900-1950
- Humanitarian Intervention and the Conflict between National and International Responsibility
- Political party financing corruption scandals in Europe: an East-West comparison
- The power of giving: Australian women philanthropists, 1880-2000
Journal Articles Refereed
- A Network Approach to Researching Partnerships in Health
- APSA presidential address 2003: the beginning of politics and the first human
- Being Around and Knowing the Players: Networks of Influence in Health Policy
- Closing the Gap? The Role of Wage, Welfare and Industry Policy in Promoting Social Inclusion
- Conceptualising the Third Sector: Foucauldian insights into the relations between the Third Sector, Civil Society and the State
- Corporate Distributions and the "Profits First" Rule: Is the RBT Proposal Right for Australia?
- Foreign Credential Recognition and Assessment: An introduction
- Immigration Research in the Politics of an Anxious Nation
- Improving Partnership Governance: Using a Network Approach to Evaluate Partnerships in Victoria
- International control of alcohol: alternative paths forward
- It's a queer thing: Campaigning for social justice for lesbians and gay men
- Law on a wild frontier: Moroccans in the Spanish courts in Melilla in the Nineteenth Century
- Mediating the mindset of opposition: the Yorta Yorta case
- Partnerships, primary health care and health inequalities: problems and possibilities
- Pin-ups in public space Sexist outdoor advertising as sexual harassment
- Policy autism or double-edged dismissiveness? Australia's climate policy under the Howard government
- Post-Kyoto? Post-Bush? Towards an effective 'climate coalition of the willing'
- Practice, power and meaning: frameworks for studying organizational culture in multi-agency rural development projects
- Reform of the Law of Negligence: Wrong Questions - Wrong Answers.
- Rescaling governance and the impacts of political and environmental decentralization: an introduction
- Social inclusion, new regionalism and associational government in Queensland
- Soil erosion in the West African Sahel: a review and an application of a 'Local Political Ecology' approach in South West Niger
- The African Sahel 25 years after the Great Drought: assessing progress and moving towards new agendas and approaches
- The Politics of Federation
- The culture of trade marks: An alternative cultural theory perspective
- The limits of conceptual analysis
- The moral reality in realism
- Why is the constitution binding? Authority, obligation and the role of the people
Journal Articles Unrefereed
- 'Creating a sustainable city - will the metropolitan strategy deliver?
- All smoke and mirrors? Carbon trading in Australia
- Comment: Australian settlement or Australian way?
- Enemy Law: What happens when People Face Trial in a Foreign Country
- Latham's ladder
- Taxes and justice in context
- Titanic states? Impacts and responses to climate change in the Pacific Islands
- Victorian State Election 2002
- Weird weather and climage culture wars
Journal Articles Unrefereed Letters Or Notes
Major Reference Works
Major Reports And Working Papers
Other Refereed Contribution To Refereed Journals
Research Book Chapters
- 'What the Right got Right'
- Active citizenship against marketisation: comunity resistance to neo-liberalism
- Can the invisible hand adjust the thermostat? Carbon emissions trading and Australia
- Comment on Holm Tetens, 'Scientific Objectivity with a Human Face'
- Continuity and flexibility: Executive power in Australia
- Critics of caucus
- Edward Said and the Sociology of Intellectuals
- External relations of the Australian states
- Green governance and the Green State: capacity building as a political project
- Liberalism - the nineteenth century legacy: a perspective from the grass-roots
- Mapping the Normative Underpinnings of Local Governance
- Moloch's little mate: the ruling class and the Australian Labor Party
- Multiculturalism, National Identity, and Pluralist Democracy: The Australian Variant
- Out of chaos, a shining star? Toward a typology of green states
- Political Economy of Additional Development Finance
- Resistance to neoliberalism in Australia and Oceania
- Social exclusion and gay and lesbian people
- Terrorism, just war and right response
- The British social policy legacy and the "Australian way"
- The Nations of Australia
- Unjust enrichment and unconscionability in Australia: A false dichotomy?
- Western concepts of gender and prostitution as obstacles to ending the international traffic in women
- Why is it rational to believe scientific theories are true?