Subject area for
Authored Research Books
Conference Papers Refereed
Journal Articles Refereed
- "The Problem of Dirty Hands"
- A Phenomenological Grounding of Feminist Ethics
- A Response to Coren's Objections to the Principle of Alternate Possibilities as Sufficient but not Necessary for Moral Responsibility
- Are 'the affluent' responsible for global poverty?
- Can we live in but not of the Immanent Frame?
- Collectives' and individuals' obligations: a parity argument
- Cora Diamond and the Moral Imagination
- Damaging the Future The Health Rights of Children and the Issue of Short-Termism; Issues Facing Australian Bioethicists
- Dialectical Activity, Ritual, and Value: A Critique of Talbot Brewer
- Do Emotions Represent Values?
- Ethical theory, "common morality," and professional obligations
- Ethics and the new materialism: a brief genealogy of the 'post' philosophies in the social sciences
- Foucault, Ethical Self-concern and the Other
- Holism about value: some help for invariabilists
- How Would We Know If Moral Enhancement Had Occurred?
- LIABILITY, WAR, AND PEACE
- Les émotions représentent-elles les valeurs ?
- Lessons of Murdochian Attention
- Moralism and anti-moralism: Aspects of Bonhoeffer's Christian ethic
- Moralité et egoisme
- Normative realism: co-reference without convergence?
- Punishing Groups: When External Justice Takes Priority over Internal Justice
- Spinoza and the Relativity of Evil in the World
- The Generalized Integration Challenge in Metaethics
- The Life of the Party: a Brief Note on Nietzsche's Ethics
- The Problem of Nuclear Harm for Andrew Linklater, Lorraine Elliott and Other Contemporary Cosmopolitans
- The common premise for uncommon conclusions
- Thinking the impossible
- Unconditional love?
- Violence and religion
- XIV-What's wrong with collective punishment?
Journal Articles Unrefereed
Journal Articles Unrefereed Letters Or Notes
- A Frightening Love: Recasting the Problem of Evil
- Being Realistic about Reasons
- Conscience and Conviction: The Case for Civil Disobedience
- Evil: A Philosophical Investigation
- Iris Murdoch, Philosopher: A Collection of Essays
- Review of Michael Allen Gillespie, Nietzsche’s Final Teaching
- The Ethics of Germline Gene Editing
Major Reference Works
Major Reports And Working Papers
Other Refereed Contribution To Refereed Journals
Research Book Chapters
- "Playing God"
- All or nothing: Are there any “merely permissible” armed humanitarian interventions?
- Could there be an empirical test for internalism?
- Difference-Making and Individuals' Climate-Related Obligations
- Dirty Hands in Politics
- Enacting Immorality Within Gamespace
- Metasemantics and Metaethics
- Moral Expertise
- Pacifism: Designing a moral defence force
- Parent-led request for female genital cosmetic surgery in an adolescent
- Parfit on objectivity and "the profoundest problem of ethics"
- Preventive Violence: War, Terrorism and Humanitarian Intervention
- Reasons and Justifiability
- Religious disagreement and religious accommodation
- Remorse and moral identity
- The Oxford/Cambridge influence on Australian philosophy
- Towards a Trajectory-Dependent Model of (Human) Rational Agency
- Waiting for Sociality: The (Re)Birth, astride a Grave, of the Social
- ‘But I Was Counting On You!’