Matthias is an experienced Project Manager with extensive, international credentials in successful, high profile and complex projects in industry, government and academia. Proven capability in managing the system life cycle of high value added products and services.
He has extensive experience in commercial, exploration and R&D environments with major sector clients.
Key Competencies and Attributes
- 21 years of experience in project management, exploration, geoscientific research, marine seismic and geological carbon storage.
- Enthusiastic team member with significant experience in team leadership roles in industry, research environments and Government. Proven application of adaptive leadership styles to address changing conditions in multi-disciplinary and multi-institutional teams.
- Project manager with extensive, international credentials in successful, high profile and complex projects with $30m budgets.
- Proven track record of successful project management relating to complex geoscientific projects in the petroleum and geological carbon storage industries.
- Strong experience in developing pre-competitive geological carbon storage projects for Government.
- Project and Operations Manager of the 2010 DPI 2D Southern Flank Survey, Gippsland Basin.
- Proven ability to prepare project plans, schedules, work breakdown structures and budgets using standard project management tools and techniques (PMI/PMBOK).
- Highly specialised geoscientist in thermochronology, basin research and maturity.
- Extensive field experience in remote and logistically challenging regions.
Find out more about Matthias Raab's experience
Matthias Raab's highlights
Matthias Raab's selected work
The Application Of Fission Track Analysis To Fundamental Problems In The Earth Sciences
Thermal history of the Krishna-Godavari basin, India: Constraints from apatite fission tra..
Cretaceous reactivation and intensified erosion in the Archean-Proterozoic Limpopo Belt, d..
Displaying the 2 most recent projects by Matthias Raab.
Displaying the 6 most recent scholarly works by Matthias Raab.
Overview of the CO2CRC Otway residual saturation and dissolution test
Lincoln Paterson, Chris Boreham, Mark Bunch, Tess Dance, Jonathan Ennis-King, Barry Freifeld, Ralf Haese, Charles Jenkins, Tara LaForce, Matthias Raab, Rajindar Singh, Linda Stalker, Yingqi Zhang
Journal article | 2013 | Energy Procedia
Honours, Awards and Fellowships
FAIM - Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management
Honorary Supervisor Themis User - 625
Society of Petroleum Engineers
Petroleum Exploration Society of Australia
Australian Institute of Management
Doctor of Philosophy
No Data Found - ValueSetID  FlexValue  ParentLow [Germany]
Dr. rerum naturalium
University of Goettingen