Severe multi-system failure following delayed presentation with tiger snake envenomation.
GA Jelinek, IR Rogers, MA Corkeron, A O'Donnell
Anaesthesia and Intensive Care | Published : 1998
A 68 year-old-man presented some twelve hours after a presumed Tiger Snake bite with coagulopathy, paralysis and muscle necrosis. He suffered multi-system failure requiring prolonged ventilation, haemodialysis and supportive care, to be discharged after 26 days. Delays to antivenom therapy after tiger snake envenomation can result in significant morbidity. Australian snakes are the most venomous in the world.